Monday, March 5, 2012

Unwrapping: Computer Attack - No Romance There

My deepest apologies for not having a blog today. My computer was attacked by a nasty virus over the weekend and the only way to get rid of it was to reformat the computer. I lost everything except what I had backed up on a separate hard drive. Thankfully, my two WIP's were backed up. However, the blog I had planned for today was not. Then to compound things, when I went on the other puter to write a quick blog, the internet was down. Believe me, I was in tears and frustration doesn't begin to describe what I was feeling.
I think if my WIPs hadn't been backed up, I would have smashed the computer and slit my wrists. 

I'm still working on getting my writing puter back online and up to speed but I will try to make it up to you all. I promise. Perhaps a giveaway is in order for Wacky Wednesday! ♥
Don't forget that tomorrow is the release day for WRONG SIDE OF HELL by Juliana Stone and others as well. If you haven't read my review of Juliana's fabulous paranormal romance novella and introduction to the League of Guardian series, please click here and do.
I highly recommend you read it. It's the best in writing I've read in some time.

I'm reading THE HUSBAND HUNT right now and will have a review of it very soon. 

Happy Reading and see you Wednesday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Last Thanksgiving my entire computer crashed!! Couldn't even open it enough to start over.. it was so very frustrating.. I had reviews and everything all set to go and couldn't use them. What I learned? Do your work on Google Docs.. it saves it online and you can access from anywhere AND it doesn't require a backup.. although backup is good!!

Glad you are back!! Next Monday you can do ManCandy with us! It's great fun!

Shauni

Beebs said...

Thank God your WIPs were backed up Amy. How awful would it be to lose all that work...heartbreaking.:(

I read The Husband Hunt last week and I did enjoy it but not as much as I loved When a Scot Loves a Lady (very hot Scot *fanning self*) and A Rogue by Any Other Name.

Hope you get all your puter woes fixed soon. <3

Amy Valentini said...

Hi Shauni, Hi Beebs, thanks for you kind thoughts. I'm gettin' there. I've got connected to the Internet now but seem to have discovered a whole new set of problems. It's going to take some work. No writing for me for a while except the blog, of course. : )
Shauni, I'll have to talk to you about that ManCandy Blog Hop. : )

The_Book_Queen said...

Stupid computers--really, I think they cause more problems than help! :) At least you had your WIP backed up!

This is going to be me someday...I just know it! I keep telling myself I need to back up my files and ebooks on a regular basis, because if/when my computer craps it, I'm going to cry (and swear and possibly even faint) when everything I've worked so hard on is gone!


At least you've got a good romance book to turn to. Maybe it will help to soothe your computer problems. :)

Enjoy!
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

Dalila G. said...

Geez!! How awful for you Amy.
No worries, you just do what you have to. :-D
You're one smart cookie, so I'm sure you'll have everything just the way you want it in no time!

I am in NO WAY a computer savvy person, most of the times I'm lucky if I can sign on correctly!

Whenever anything goes bonkers on mine I just offer food to our neighbor. His version of dinner is dry cereal and a can of beer. So anything I send over is happily accepted and eaten. He eats everything and never complains to me. In exchange, I get instant computer 'magic-fixing'.
He's a computer whiz, he loves all this techie stuff.

Most of the time I have no idea what he's telling me. I just nod and throw in a couple of OK's. LOL!!

I did read the first book of the series by Lynsay Sands. I haven't been able to get my hands on book 2 and now book 3 is out! Sheesh!
I need more hours in my days!

WRONG SIDE OF HELL by Juliana Stone did grab my attention, your review on Friday was great!
I have added her to my list of 'new-to-me-authors.

Sending you loads of GOOD-LUCK-VIBES for you and your computer!

Amy Valentini said...

Awww, I love y'all!
Well, I'm back online with the murdered puter. It's not perfect yet, still needin' some tweaking but it's running and I'm slowly restoring all my sites so I can maneuver quickly. I'm hoping to have a fun blog for you on Wednesday with a giveaway. : )

Dalila, I will tell you that most of THE HEIRESS (2nd Madison sister book) is a rehash of the 1st. The second half is about how Suzette gets Daniel to marry her. I personally think if you don't read it, you won't miss much and can catch up later. : )

Thanks again for all your support. Hearing from you brightened my day - A LOT!! xoxo